THE WOODLESS WONDER
It was our dream to have our own home. But it took rather a long time for the completion. We had surveyed a lot and collected piles of information from various sources. Our children too contributed a lot , and finally things started falling in line one after the other, we bought the site, dug a well, launched the construction and completed the same in about 6 months time.
We have taken care to see
1. To keep the roof as cool as possible and we have used 'HURDI' mud blocks. They are hollow mud blocks over which 5cm concrete is cast, and the roof remains cooler by 5 degree Centigrade !.
2. We had decided not to use WOOD, so we have used steel sheets for the front and back doors. For inside doors we have used COIR-PLY with Aluminium Frame. All windows are made with steel sections.
3. We used Marble for flooring. In the Hall big slabs have been used, whereas in all other rooms Marble cut pieces are used.
4. The design was conceived by us , but executed by an upcoming, Architect, attached to M/s Bharathi Vikas Trust.
5.Solar gadgets being used are "BOX-in-Box" type Solar Water heater, and Prof. Bernard's "COOKIT" Solar Cooker. We have plans to incorporate Solar Photovoltic Cell lighting as well as water pumping Wind Mill. ( I have various plans to evolve a whole lot of Alternate Energy Devices, detailed in my HOME PAGE )
6. This is a ZERO DISCHARGE HOUSE, not even a drop of waste water goes out of the compound
( Click on the Titles below Thumbs to view a larger image )
IF YOU WANT ANY OTHER SPECIFIC INFORMATION PLEASE WRITE TO
Dr. Ashok Kundapur
Are you interested in Solar Cookers ? CLICK HERE